The Leasing Consultant is primarily responsible for performing all activities related to apartment rentals, resident move-ins, and lease renewals including completion of all required administrative paperwork. The Leasing Consultant also performs tasks related to the community’s overall marketing and resident retention programs and strategies. The Leasing Consultant provides excellent customer service by responding to resident inquiries and concerns. This position reports directly to the Community Manager and may also receive direction from the Assistant Manager and has no subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides exceptional customer service by responding quickly and courteously to resident concerns and questions, taking prompt action to solve problems, and documenting and conveying resident requests for maintenance to the maintenance staff.
2. Performs all tasks related to renting apartments including generating traffic, handling telephone inquiries, greeting prospective residents in person, touring prospective residents throughout the apartment community, demonstrating model apartments and “sharps”, qualifying prospects, and closing the sale by obtaining a lease application and deposit. Once trained, the Leasing Consultant must maintain an average closing ratio of at least 30%.
3. Processes rental applications by verifying rental history, bank account information, and employment. Provides verified information (and any questionable data or concerns) with the rental application to the Community Manager for approval or denial based on site qualifying criteria.
4. Notifies prospective residents whether rental applications are approved or denied and schedules move-in when appropriate.
5. Completes all move-in paperwork including the lease and accompanying addendums in accordance with site administrative procedures.
6. Maintains information about competitors’ pricing, specials and amenities.
7. Prior to opening the leasing office daily, prepares the model for show, inspects the prospect tour routes and amenities, turns on appropriate lighting, provides refreshments, cleans and freshens offices and restrooms, and ensures all sales tools and forms are ready and available for use.
8. Promotes all value-added opportunities for additional site income (i.e. cable services, telephone services, internet services, etc.) to prospects and residents.
9. Participates in the resident retention program by planning and participating in resident appreciation functions, coordinating the lease renewal notification process, and assisting with move-out paperwork, if appropriate.
10. May be required to inspect “sharp” apartments, create “mini-models” and utilize other merchandising techniques to improve the saleability of the vacant apartments.
11. Accurately records all prospective resident activity daily on the appropriate forms (i.e. welcome cards, activity sheet, morning reports, etc.)
12. Adheres to all company and site policies and procedures according to the Sales Manual, Employee Handbook, General Administrative Procedures (GAP) Book and Safety Manual.
13. Complies with the legal policies and procedures. Promotes and ensures compliance with Fair Housing laws and other industry-related federal, state, and local laws. Maintains documentation verifying compliance.
14. Reviews resident notices to vacate and advises residents of their responsibilities.
15. Completes all administrative documentation for the move-out process.
16. Receives rent payments from residents, completes resident receipts, post rent payments to resident accounts and updates resident records.
17. Updates resident records as necessary.
18. Assists in maintaining the physical appearance of the community by picking up grounds, performing minor apartment cleaning and tough-up, and ensuring the common areas are clean and neat.
19. Assists the Community Manager in completing administrative and clerical tasks as requested.
20. Participates in all mandatory training programs.
21. Responsible for reporting to work on time as scheduled and complying with dress code.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Ability to communicate and maintain good relationships with Home Office employees, residents and site employees (Bilingual abilities are a plus).
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with persons of diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
3. Proficiency in customer service and sales.
4. Good verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma, G.E.D. or additional equivalent experience.
2. Prior experience in customer service or sales is a plus.