La Mirage Apartments is looking to hire a Maintenance Supervisor.
This person is responsible for administering and maintaining all phases of maintenance operations under the direction of the Property Manager, Regional Manager, and Regional Maintenance Supervisor. He/She is responsible for upholding standards and supporting the maintenance team. It is the Maintenance Supervisor's responsibility to run the property as efficiently as possible and to operate within the established budget. Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to; maintenance personnel functions, community maintenance, organization and coordination between Property Manager and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintenance Supervisor's primary responsibility is to organize, schedule, and direct the day-to-day operations of the maintenance staff by providing leadership, motivation, and a consistent direction to the on-site maintenance staff, and by leading by example as a working supervisor in all area of the maintenance department. In addition, the Maintenance Supervisor must represent a good role model by demonstrating honesty, moral integrity, and ethical conduct. Maintenance Supervisor is directly responsible for maintaining a desirable property appearance, including interior and exterior of all buildings and facilities, ensuring the 24 hour service request guarantee is met, as well as and maintaining minimum of 50% rent ready units. Maintenance Supervisor must cooperate with all departments in completing all assigned tasks. As a working Maintenance Supervisor, he/she is responsible for the following.
1. Complete and update the "Make-Ready Board" daily.
2. Complete and oversee all service requests, callbacks, and ensure service requests are performed properly and promptly.
3. Walk the property looking for safety hazards and determine how the maintenance team could prevent an accident while participating in group grounds cleanup.
4. Uphold and enforce all safety training instructions.
5. Maintain and ensure compliance with NALS PM Binder and create and implement special preventative maintenance check lists following the NALS PM guides.
6. Maintain and/or oversees pool safety and daily pool logs.
7. Maintain and ensure completion of all NALS logs, filing them in the Site Binder.
8. Make sure the staff is working safely, efficiently, and knowledgeably.
9. Assist with and oversee all aspects of unit turns.
10. Respond to after hour calls and emergency situations such as sewer back-ups, flooding, fires, etc. Communicate with the Manage when leaving off property or changing scheduled working hours.
11. Maintain the work place and maintenance shop by keeping all areas clean and tools/supplies organized.
12. Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as assigned, complete service requests and make readies in order to reach common team goals, including lowering overtime.
13. Represent the company in a professional manner at all times. Exercise discretion in what is communicated/discussed with employees.
The company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor to limit the company's right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. JOB
Maintenance Supervisor must possess skills relating to all building systems. He/She must possess excellent management, training and motivational skills and be able to communicate through written form. This position also requires the ability to deal with property management, vendors, and coworkers in a professional way. He/She must have knowledge and understanding of the unit turn process, HVAC, plumbing, pool and spa, appliance repair, electrical repairs, roofing repairs, painting, carpentry, carpet cleaning and replacement, glass replacement, and screen repair and replacement. Licenses/Certifications: Valid drivers' license, good driving record along with current auto insurance is required. It may be required to be certified to use pool chemicals and/or air conditioning refrigerant, depending on the property.
Working inside and outside, in all types of weather. Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment. Medium to heavy work, requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs. Good hand and eye coordination essential, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders and stairs, and perform repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequence.
1. Must use proper safety equipment at all times as required by the company.
2. Close toed, slip-resistant shoes must be worn at all times.
3. Report all safety issues/concerns to manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Maintenance Supervisor: 2 years (Required)
- Albuquerque, NM (Preferred)
Licenses or certifications:
- EPA Certification (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Please send your resume via fax to 505-293-1695, or stop by to fill out an application: 10700 Academy Rd NE, Albuquerque NM 87111.